I’m not much of a morning person, and if it wasn’t for coffee, I might very well skip mornings all together! Between getting kids ready for school, getting myself put together, and packing lunches, a healthy breakfast is not top of mind. In fact, more often than not, I grab a box of cereal out of the pantry and call it a day. Let’s face it; sometimes easy is what wins most days.
But lately, I’ve been looking for more nutritious recipes that can be made quickly to make mornings efficient and HEALTHY. My son is training to run the mile in his local First in Fitness competition, so I want to make sure he has some good options that aren’t cereal or an EGGO (not that there’s anything wrong with that!) And I’ve been trying to up my protein intake first thing and limit added sugar.
I’ve scoured the Internet in search of tasty breakfast options and here are some that I found:
- Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Casserole
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Paleo Blueberry Bars
- Breakfast Casserole Muffins
- Breakfast Balls
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
- Spinach Quiche Cups
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Breakfast Cookies
- Greek Yogurt and Honey Blueberry Muffins
- To Go Baked Oatmeal
- Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups
- Raspberry-Peach Crisp Breakfast Parfaits
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Oatmeal Bars
- Easy Egg Wraps
- Make Ahead Fruit Parfaits
- Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Now the real trick will be to find the recipes that BOTH my children will eat. Where’s the blog post on that?