Hey y’all, I’m Erin.
I’m a work at home mama of a nine year old boy and six year old girl in Raleigh, NC. I’ve been married for thirteen years, but we’ve been together for twenty. Before kids, I worked for a local PR firm and then was the director of marketing communications for a children’s product distribution company. Now I work with BabyCenter on social campaigns from my home office.
I recently turned 40 and am working hard to take back me. I lost a bit of myself to being a mother and have realized that I can be good to myself AND be good to my family/friends/job etc. It’s not an either/or situation.
Coffee is my best friend.
A few fun facts:
- I’m a little obsessed with Instagram stories. I love sharing the everyday of my life.
- Shaking my booty is my stress reliever. I’ll be dancing until I’m old and can’t anymore.
- I love cereal…LOVE it. I can eat it for every meal of the day, including dessert.
- I love to shop. Clothes for me, clothes for the kids, home decor – you name it, I want to shop for it.
- I was voted Most Likely To Perform on Broadway in high school. I have a deep love of theater and music, and dream of performing on the stage again someday. Right now I settle for singing lullabies and going to the occasional musical.
- I’m a terrible housekeeper.
This blog also occasionally features other writers who share their ideas and parenting wins/losses. Learn more about a few of them here.
Want to chat? Have a project for me? Email me at erinclane AT gmail.com
Looking for more?
Here’s my Listen to Your Mother reading from 2013.
Local WakeMed/Cameron Village Heart Month commercial