My pantry is currently overun with cereal.
You name it, it’s probably in there – from Lucky Charms to Cinnamon Toast Crunch to Frosted Mini Wheats. We even have some granola, oatmeal and Cream of Wheat.
We also have a variety of Cheerios. I prefer the MultiGrain and my son likes Honey Nut. For some reason, we have TWO boxes of regular Cheerios right now and I’ve been struggling with what to do with them.
Yes, throw in a banana or some strawberries, and you’ve got a yummy breakfast, but that’s not likely going to happen.
Instead a friend suggested we make a Cheerios version of Rice Krispie treats and it was like a light bulb went off. OF COURSE! Cheerios don’t have to be breakfast. There are literally TONS of treats you can make with them. So I set off to do some research and came up with 13 delicious (if I do say so myself) treats you can make with Cheerios.
I can’t wait to make some these. (Although my waist line might prefer I don’t.)
- Blueberry Multigrain Cheerio Bars by Eclectic Momsense
- Chocolate Chip Cheerio Bars by She Saved
- Salted Hazelnut Cheerio Bars by Our Thrifty Ideas
- Chocolate Cheerio Marshmallow Pops by One Artsy Mama
- Easy Monster Cereal Bars by A Night Owl
- Star Wars Cheerio Treats by Housewife Eclectic
- Chocolate, Peanut Butter and M&M Cheerio Treats by Dear Creatives
- Cheerio Breakfast Parfait by The Crafty Blog Stalker
- Snowman Poop Cereal Mix by the Crock Pot Ladies
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheerio Treats by Mad in Crafts
- Honey Nut Cheerio Bars by Almost Supermom
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats by Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Hot Buttered Cheerios by The Tiptoe Fairy
Looking for other treat ideas?
Check out these awesome OREO recipes.