Whew. I finally finished The Happiness Project. I started reading it way back in January and fell in love with it, the concept, the writing, the idea, ALL of it. However, life decided to get in the way and I wasn’t able to finish it until the plane ride home from New York City yesterday afternoon.
I have about a billion posts in my head on the topic, but one that I actually have time for right now (yes I know I haven’t posted in a WEEK!) is the subject of gratitude.
A few months ago I had tried to post once a week about the things in my life that were currently making me happy, those things that I’m grateful for. It’s so easy to bypass and forget all the wonderful, amazing things in your life…especially when you are stressed and overwhelmed. But we need to do it. It makes you feel so much better when you can sit back and realize all the good that exists in your life.
So I vow to start doing this again. Once a week, I’m going to post about all the things in my life that are making me happy.
This week, the following things light up my heart and make me happy:
1) The iameverywear.com site is complete and the contest is going live on Saturday. Three months in the making…praise the lord.
2) Frosted Mini Wheats for dinner
3) My baby’s haircut is growing on me! (The first trip to a professional was a disaster and worth an entire post all on its own.)
4) I am going on a DATE with my husband on Saturday to see WICKED. Can you say giddy?
5) I went for a long walk in NYC down 5th Avenue and it was heaven. (Would have been better if I had actual money to spend…but still made me quite happy.)