It’s no secret that I love music. I love the emotion it can evoke with just a few notes.
In a matter of a melody, I can have tears streaming down my cheeks, a huge smile on my face or I can jump up and start dancing.
There isn’t a lot of music genres that I don’t care for. Rock, hip hop, folk, country, classical – I like it all. The only two types of music I pass on are hard core rap and heavy metal. Everything else is fair game.
All summer long I beebopped in my car to Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines”. Say what you will about the video and the lyrics, the hook is INCREDIBLE. There is no way to hear that song and not shake your booty.
Right now, I have a mix of favorites. In no particular order, they are:
1. Roar by Katy Perry LOVE IT!
2. Berzerk by Eminem When this pops up on the radio, I turn IT. UP. and rock out. I bet I look awesome in the preschool drop off line. (Warning: video is the explicit version.)
3. Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyus I know. I know. Don’t throw anything at me. But you can’t deny that this girl has chops.
4. Work, Work by Britney Spears Yes, I know that’s not actually what it’s called. It’s called Work, Bitch, but my local radio station plays the edited version. (Thank you for that.) And I know it’s Brit-Brit, but I have no shame. It’s a good song.
5. What Now by Rihanna She might be the most talented singer out there. I had immense love for Stay, her duet with Mikky Ekko. After several years of really hard songs, I was pleased to hear her go back to just singing. This song is lovely.
What are your favorite songs right now?