Since we’ve entered the season of Thanksgiving, each Thursday throughout November I’m going to take the opportunity to say publicly the things I’m thankful for during that particular week. Too often we get caught up in the craziness that is our lives and forget about the small (and sometimes big) things that make life worth living.
1. Tissues. Yup, I said I’m thankful for tissues. We’ve all got colds in our house this week and we have these suckers all over the place. Without them, we’d all have poor little red noses.
2. Make-up. When you feel like death, nothing works better than doing your face so that you look better than you feel. Right now, I couldn’t live without my Maybelline Volum’ Falsies mascara. I look like a zombie otherwise.
3. Cooler Weather Ok, so I’m not ready for the snomeggedon that took place up north late last week, but I am so incredibly happy that fall has arrived. I love this time of year. Brisk air, beautiful colors and I can break out my favorite outfit — jeans, sweater and a pair of boots!
4. Coffee! Or as I like to call it, liquid MAGIC. This will probably be on my list every week. Whilethe little miss has slept through the night (10+ hours) the past two nights, the Bug has been up. What gives kids? Mama just wants ONE night of 8 (hell, I’ll take 7) solid hours of uninterrupted sleep.
5. Friends. In the past week, I’ve had an above normal amount of girl time. From a charitable evening of chit chat and wine to a Halloween party full of friends and kids to the shopping extravaganza with friends last night –it’s made up for the fact that I haven’t had a lot of me/friend tie in the past few months.
What are you thankful for this week?