In the midst of all the chaos that I feel is consuming our world, I have found myself cranky and tired. I’ve got 9 weeks to go and I need to be focusing on all that is good and positive in my life and not on the things in which I have no control.
So to kickstart my week, here are the top 5 things I am thankful for this week:
1) My children – both the toddler and the one in my belly. I know first hand the struggles of infertility and count myself blessed to have these two. My heart goes out to all who still struggle. When I kiss the Bug’s little head goodnight and every time I feel the Squoosh move and jiggle in my belly, I feel the love. I know I am lucky and I treasure these gifts.
2) I am healthy. Oh sure, I have some unfortunate pregnancy ailments. But I am healthy. My family is healthy. Recently, I feel like I hear of someone new almost every week (if not day) that is sick with cancer, heart disease, stroke or some other sickness. I pray for strength and peace for those families and am thankful that at least for today, I am healthy.
3) My network. I am constantly amazed by the connections I have made in my lifetime. Between family, friends, colleagues, former colleagues, and the social media network, I have an amazing group of people that I can rely when I need advice or have questions.
4) Cereal – Ok, yes I just took my list from the feel good, Pollyanna to the not unimportant and silly. But I am thankful for cereal. Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Mini Wheats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch – I am loving it all right now. Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night Snack!
5) Music. Sometimes nothing makes me happier. Right now, I am praying that Bug is going to be musical. He loves playing his drums at home and jammin’ on his “guitar”. He’s really into singing “Old Macdonald” and I’ve got to capture a good segment on video. Everytime I bust out the camera, he clams up or stops singing mid-way.
That’s me today. What are YOU thankful for?