1. You really can stare at your child for hours and be thoroughly entertained.
2. You can never have enough wipes…(and Pampers wipes suck, Huggies are much better.)
3. Pampers diapers are better than Huggies. Go figure.
4. It never fails…as soon as I’ve put on a new diaper, Aidan pees again.
5. A baby smile will completely melt your heart.
6. A pacifier can be a god send. (I was a former non-believer. I am an advocate for the soothies brand.)
7. It’s amazing what one can do on so little sleep.
8. A trip to Target can totally make your day…or your week for that matter.
9. I might love my husband more now for helping create this amazing little person.
10. Umbilical cord stumps can be stubborn little suckers. Aidan’s has still not fallen off. I swear it’ll be any day now.
11. The dinners that friends and family bring by are life-saving. Jason and I are very lucky and have fabulous friends…and even more fabulous family.
12. A newborn can’t be spoiled. Sometimes my baby just wants to be held and rocked and I am happy to be oblige.
13. A swing is another god send; it allows me to eat breakfast and shower (most days!).
14. Sometimes a baby just has to cry…and he will as soon as mommy has to use the bathroom.
15. Sometimes I’ll forget to brush my teeth and realize it around 4 in the afternoon. Gross.
16. There is a reason they sell disposable breast pads…and I always remember as soon as I start feeding Aidan and there is a big milk spot on the other side of my shirt. I’ll learn one of these days.
17. Burp cloths are necessary. Aidan isn’t a big “spitter upper” but lord knows, he only does when I don’t have one.
18. I am a horrible swaddler and Jason rocks at it.
19. I can never take too many pictures.
20. I have never loved anything as much as I do my son.