When I think of Valentine’s Day, I usually think of chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
We don’t make it a big deal in our house, but we do like to indulge in some treats here and there. So when Bonefish Grille gave me their delicious creme brulee recipe, I knew I had to share it.
Chocolate Crème Brulee (with Grand Marnier) Recipe
- 4 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (non-sweetened), chopped
- 1 ¾ Cups Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 6 each Egg Yolks (large)
- 1 each Whole Large Egg
- 1 ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Orange Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier
- ¼ Cup Raw Sugar or Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Put chocolate in a small metal bowl. In a saucepan heat ½ cup cream over moderately high heat until it just comes to a boil and pour over chocolate. Let chocolate stand until softened and whisk mixture until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, yolks and whole egg and whisk in chocolate mixture. In pan, heat remaining 1 ¼ cups cream and milk until mixture just comes to a boil. Add milk mixture to egg mixture in a stream, whisking and whisk in zest and Grand Marnier. Skim off any froth.
- Divide custard among eight ½ cup flameproof ramekins set in a roasting pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake custards in middle of oven until they are just set but still tremble slightly, about 40 minutes. Remove ramekins from pan and cool custards. Chill custards, covered loosely with plastic wrap, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Set broiler rack so that custards will be 2 to 3 inches from heat and preheat broiler.
- Sift brown sugar evenly over custards and broil until sugar is melted and caramelized, about 2 minutes. (Raw sugar may be sprinkled over custards and caramelized with a blowtorch).
- Chill 20 minutes.
If you are looking to go out to eat for a Valentine’s Celebration, Bonefish does have a special menu. In honor of Valentine’s Day, Bonefish Grill is offering Filet and Lobster Stuffed Shrimp for $26 Thursday, February 11 through Sunday, February 14. Enjoy a 6 oz., filet mignon with mashed potatoes, blistered tomatoes and marsala sauce, served with three lobster stuffed shrimp on a bed of creamed spinach. Throw in the chocolate creme brulee at the end and you’re golden. YUM!