Sometimes you just need to get away.
Last week that’s how I felt. I just needed a vacation.
Of course, the day I left for Philly, my children were complete and utter angels. My heart ached a bit as I said good-bye to them and watched them blow kisses to me out the car window.
I was hoping for at least a small tantrum so I could feel absolutely no guilt as I boarded my plane.
But it didn’t matter.
By the time I arrived in Philly, excitement (and admittedly a teeny bit of anxiety) was coursing through my veins. I was going to spend a little under two days with people I love, respect and admire. There was going to be learning, laughter, sharing and more.
And there was. I even got to dance a bit.
A huge congratulations to Kelby and Melanie for putting on a fabulous first Type A Advanced!
A few things I learned:
- It’s important to room with fabulous people.
- I don’t care for limoncello. (But a big thank you to Panorama for providing them to our table free of charge!)
- Taking a break in the middle of the day makes all the difference in the world. I went upstairs to lay down for a bit and that hour made the rest of my day AMAZING.
- Affiliate marketing does not have to be as hard as I make it. I’m going to give it one more go.
- Spending time with new and old friends is good for the soul.
- There is no Starbucks in the Philly airport. I might have teared up a bit.
- I need to get out of my own way. There are so many things that I could do or try, but I don’t. Mainly because I’m afraid.
Must. Stop. Doing. That.
I’m flying home feeling renewed, invigorated and ready to work.
Or if you can’t make it to Atlanta, check out the 2nd Type A Advanced in New Orleans this October. The theme is VISUALIZE.
The links above are affiliate links. Hey, told you I wanted to give it another go!