If you’re like me, you are always looking for book recommendations for elementary kids. I try to share what my son is reading at least onece or twice a year!
I can’t believe we are about to start 4th grade. It seems so….big. But alas, here we are.
Over the last few months, my son has discovered some new series and books in which he’s been completely immersed. Here are his current recommendations for 8-11 year old elementary school kids.
- The Blackwell Pages by K.L. Armstrong – This series is based on the Norse Gods – Odin, Thor and Loki. Aidan claims the series is just as awesome as all the Rick Riordan books, and he’s super sad that there are only three novels in the series. He literally finished and yelled “I want more!”
- Story Thieves by James Riley -Another fun series that we discovered. The main character meets a girl who is half-fictional and can climb in and out of stories!
- Spaced Out Series by Stuart Gibbs – Aidan has read many of his books and has loved them all.
- I, Funny: a Middle School Story by James Patterson – This is a new find and he’s read at least two in the series.
- EllRay Jakes by Sally Warner – These books might be aimed at younger kids but Aidan absolutely devoured them. They are quick, easy reads and he enjoyed the stories about EllRay, the smallest kid in the class who managed to get in big trouble. There are nine books in all.
I am so incredibly thankful for the library system. I think we’re there every two weeks, and half the time, he’s read all the books he checked out within 2-3 days. I can’t keep up!
Other books recommendations for elementary kids.
This post contains affiliate links.