My kids play with my iPhone a lot. They each have their own section of all their games. When I first got the Samsung Galaxy S3 to try out, I knew I was going to have to find some apps for the kids. But I was disappointed as some of my most favorite aren’t available for Droids. So I set out on a mission to find some fun games for my kids and this is what I found:
- Peekaboo Farm by Night & Day Studio: This was the very first app we ever downloaded and Bug still loves it at almost four. He peeks over his sisters’ shoulder as she watches the barn shake and taps the screen to unveil which animal is in the barn. She’s now mooing and cock-a-doodle-dooing, thanks to this app. I adore the little kid’s voice who does the voice-over. Night & Day have many wonderful apps; I hope they all are available for Droids soon!
- Kids Socks by Mimoteo – This is a great app to help kids learn about matching and is a smidge simpler than the game of Memory. You can even match underwear if you want (which makes my kid giggle!)
- Wheels on the Bus by Duck Duck Moose – This is another family favorite. Kids click the arrow in the lower right and go through the entire song – from the wipers swishing to the driver saying “Move on back.” One cool feature is that you can record yourself singing the song if you don’t want to hear the version that comes with the app.
- Moo, Baa, La La La! – I about FELL OVER when I saw that you can download Sandra Boynton’s books as apps. Moo, Baa used to be a nightly ritual, but now we’ve moved over to Barnyard Dance (which luckily is an app too!) They are little pricey, but if you have a Boynton fan in your family, it’s worth it!
- I Just Forgot – We really like the Little Critter in this house and this app features a narrator, as well as focuses on different words throughout the app. So my son can identify letters as we go through the story. The publisher has many other Little Critter apps as well.
What are some of your favorite apps for kids?
I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassador program and have been provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.