Other titles include: Back to Reality, When Reality Slaps You in the Face and How You Know Your Life is Not a Vacation.
We had a lovely time in New Hampshire…really magical. And I will tell you all about it later this week when I get all caught up on my rest. I am literally and figuratively SPENT.
I actually need a vacation from my vacation. Do you know the feeling? Imagine this.
We left New Hampshire at 9pm on Friday night. We arrived in Raleigh after stopping to visit both sets of grandparents at 4pm Saturday afternoon. I slept 2 hours in a span of 33 hours.
I clearly knew my vacation was over. How?
- I got caught in a 5 minute monsoon/torrential downpour in CT at midnight. It was literally hold-your-breath heart stopping. I have anxiety just thinking about it.
- We got rear ended on the way home. Awesome. A huge thank you to the 20 year old driver who wasn’t paying attention. We really appreciated it.
- After that fiasco, we promptly got stuck in Northern Virginia traffic on 95 for an HOUR AND A HALF.
- The baby then pooped her diaper…while in said traffic.
- Upon arriving in Raleigh, we walked into a house that was COVERED in cat crap. Literally every room had drips and drops of it. It was disgusting. We spent the first hour home mopping and picking up poop. My husband (bless his soul) spent the rest of the evening (and most of today) cleaning the carpets. Fans are still running.
- I woke up with a raging headache that still hasn’t gone away.
What the deuce? Can I get a do-over on the last 48 hours please?
I need a massage. Or a drink. Or both.