The weeks just seem to be flying by. Miss E is SEVEN weeks old today. I can’t believe it. I feel like it was just yesterday that I woke up with contractions. Lots of stuff going on here at the Lane household, but I wanted to take the time to stop, smell the roses and reflect on what I am grateful for today. As we all know, life passes so quickly. I don’t want to blink and miss something.
Today I am thankful for:
1. The ability to multi-task. I can make dinner, change diapers, answer emails and breastfeed. I know there are arguments over whether multitasking is a good thing, but for me, it’s a necessity and I’m glad I can do it.
2. The ability to breastfeed. I’ve had many friends that have had a really hard time with it. In retrospect, it was insanely easy for me with the Bug. Once we got him latched on correctly, it seemed like smooth sailing. And even though I got off to a rocky start with Miss E., here we are on week seven and plugging along.
3. A washing machine. Holy lordy, the amount of laundry I do lately seems like we have a family of eight instead of four. And I don’t even do my husbands laundry. I can’t imagine life without my handy dandy machine…although a new fancy front loader would be nice!
4. Lots of family. My daughter and son got to spend time this week with their great grandparents and one of their great aunts. It’s a true wonder to see four generations together. I know many people at my age don’t have their grandparents anymore. I know how lucky I am.
5. I fit into a pair of PRE-PREGNANCY jeans. Ok, yes they are my fat jeans but who cares? They don’t have an elastic waist or maternity band. Rock on.
What are you thankful for today?