(Or another name for this post could be “Paying It Forward…one blog at a time.”)
When I woke up this morning, my head was racing from all the things we have going on around here. I had follow-up on some projects I presented to our board yesterday. I needed to make sure our CEO was ready for her taping on My Carolina Today this afternoon. I needed to take the little one to the dr (potential pink eye). And I needed to leave work early to hit up Trader Joe’s for some much needed essentials for a get together I’m having at my house tomorrow.
After my day got all screwy because little bug doesn’t have pink eye, BUT does have a double ear infection, a borderline sinus infection and some weird eye thing…I’m back at home trying to work and feeling a smidge dejected. HOWEVER…I just saw that my very nice friend, Cyndi, from My Convertible Life awarded me with a beautiful blog award. HOW NICE IS THAT? Cyndi is my kind of peep for many reasons, but she related to my last crafty post and that makes her super special. 🙂 And since so many people responded to my “Burning at Both Ends” post and offered up such nice compliments, I wanted to make sure I spread the love.
Here are my picks for a few “beautiful” blogs you should check out.
(I am supposed to choose seven.)
1. Cultivating Rosebuds: She is JUST plain awesome. She writes about her two amazing little girls, with a newer concentration on juvenile safety. Plus, she’s a former co-worker and this is one of my only ways to keep tabs on her. I miss her daily.
2. Follow Linus: I met Heather in person just last week at Blogger’s Nite Out in North Hills. I just love her and am so glad to connect with other moms in the area who blog.
3. Pineapple Babble: She’s one I think where we are definitely supposed to be friends. I met her for all of one hour at Mom 2.0 and she’s superbly funny and more than fantastic.
4. Mother Flamingo: Kristin is new to blogging and I think you all should check her out and give her some encouragement. She’s about to go on a new adventure as her family is up and moving to the Northeast.
5. A Fritos Kinda Life: Check out this mom to a six month old figure out life with her super cute little girl! Oh, and she’s also my co-worker – another good reason to follow.
6. Dealectible Mommies: I love Candace for many reasons. Her site gives great information and she’s a joy to work with.
7. The Shopping Mama: Kate has a super cool site and researches all the things I love about baby gear and kid stuff.
I’m also supposed to contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award (will do that next) and then say 7 things about myself.
7 things? Ok, let’s give this a go.
1. Um….I haven’t finished a cup of coffee at home in over six months. It always gets cold while I chase after my adorable Buglet.
2. I have seriously considered quitting my day job to try to be on a soap opera. Hey, I’d make a wicked villain.
3. I was raised Catholic but don’t quite know what I consider myself these days.
4. Music makes my life happy.
5. To that end, I’ll rock a Karaoke Bar (see my about me page). Who’s in for an outing?
6. I love all things baby-related, which makes my job perfect.
7. I can’t figure out why button down shirts look stupid on me when I tuck them in.
Whew, that was hard work. Time to get back to my day job!